Use discussions to ask questions or introduce new ideas to the community. Discussions are a quick way to get an answer to a question or feedback on an idea. You can attach a file or insert an image, video, or code example into a discussion to better explain your question or idea.
To start a new discussion or ask a question:
- Click Actions > Discussion.
- If you are asking a question, make sure to check the Mark this discussion as a question box. If you don't initially mark the discussion as a question, you'll have 15 minutes to change your mind after you post. Within that time, you'll see a link to change your mind in the discussion post.
- Once you have finished typing your discussion or asking your question, click Publish. You will automatically be following the thread and will receive updates in your inbox and/or email (depending on your email notification preferences).
Discussions Best Practices
- If someone replies to your question with useful information, it's good practice to mark their reply as either Helpful or Correct. That way, others who have the same question can quickly see which replies are the most useful. A Helpful reply is on the right track, while a Correct reply answered your question. Correct and Helpful answers earn status points for their creators.
- Tag discussions so that others can search for and benefit from them later.